The Online Banking login remains at the top of every page; you will now find it in the righthand corner. It is a button that will display login fields after you click "log in," and you will enter your same login credentials to access your accounts.
As times and technology change, we want to ensure our website supports your needs and provides an optimal online experience. The new website reinforces our continued commitment to helping our members improve their financial condition while providing enhanced tools and features we know you will love.
Yes. We designed our new website with your mobile experience top of mind, and it is optimized for your tablet and smartphone.
You can locate your account number by clicking on the eye icon within Online or Mobile Banking.1 If you have checks for your account, your account number is the second string of characters printed on the bottom of your checks.
account number and South Carolina Federal's routing number.
South Carolina Federal's routing (MICR) number is 253278401. Your account number is the second string of characters at the bottom left of your check. You can also locate your account number by clicking on the eye icon within Online or Mobile Banking.1
If this is not your first time ordering checks, follow these steps:
- Log into Online Banking.
- Click on one of your accounts.
- Click on "More Actions."
- Click on "Order Checks."
- Click "Continue."
- Follow the remaining steps.
Online and Mobile Banking
- Click on "Settings."
- Click on "Profile."
- Click on "User ID."
- Enter your new User ID.
- Confirm your new User ID.
- Click "Save."
- Click on "Settings."
- Click on "Profile."
- Click on "Password."
- Enter your current password.
- Enter your new password.
- Confirm your new password.
- Click "Save."
- Click on "More."
- Click on "Change password."
- Follow the prompts.
Debit and Credit Cards
- Turn your card off and report it as lost or stolen using Online or Mobile Banking1. Simply log in, click on "Manage Cards" in Online Banking or "Cards" in Mobile Banking1. You may be prompted to call us.
- Call Cardholder Services at (800) 472-3272.
- Visit a financial center to receive a card instantly issued.
For lost or stolen credit cards, please choose from the following options:
- Turn your card off/on and report it as lost or stolen using Online or Mobile Banking1. Simply log in, click on "Manage Cards" in Online Banking or "Cards" in Mobile Banking, and follow the prompts to close your credit card and request a new one.
- Or for your Mastercard® Platinum or Mastercard® Cash Rewards credit cards, please call (855) 325-0904. For your Mastercard® World credit card, call (855) 510-4594.
- Visit a financial center for a debit card instantly issued.
- Use our Secure Chat feature in Online Banking to request a card.
- Contact Us to request a card by mail.
- Please call (866) 394-1205 during business hours and a dispute expert will help you file a claim.
- Log into Online Banking, click on your credit card account, and select "dispute" next to the applicable transaction.
- Or to file a claim via phone for your Mastercard® Platinum or Mastercard® Cash Rewards credit cards, please call (855) 325-0904. For your Mastercard® World credit card, please call (855) 510-4594 to file a claim.
- For all other disputes:
Visit a local Financial Center.
Call our Contact Center at (800) 845-0432.
- If you select "Credit," the merchant may ask you to sign a receipt to authorize your purchase.
- If you select "Debit/ATM," you will use your PIN to authorize your purchase.
Checking and Savings Accounts
It will take about 10 minutes to open and fund your new account. You will need:
- A valid driver's license or government-issued photo ID
- U.S. Social Security Number or ITIN
- U.S. checking account or credit/debit card to fund the account (please refer to Rates and Fee Schedule for details).
The following accounts require personal attention, specific documentation and are not opened online: Trust, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), estate accounts, business accounts, teen accounts and Kids Savings accounts. Please visit a financial center for assistance with these accounts.
There are several ways to withdraw from your account including:
- Download the direct deposit form (PDF).
- Deposit a check using Remote Deposit via Mobile Banking1.
- Visit a financial center during business hours, or leave your deposit in an envelope in the night drop deposit box on the side of a financial center.
- Deposit at any South Carolina Federal ATM.
- Mail it to us (please include your account number) at:
PO Box 190012
North Charleston SC 29419-9012
- Call (800) 845-0432 and transfer money through ACI Payments, Inc.
- Send a wire transfer.
Copies of cleared checks are available for up to seven years from the date they are posted to your account.
To obtain a check copy through Online Banking:
- Log into your account.
- Under the “Account Access” tab choose “View Transaction History."
- If the check number appears in your transaction history, click on the blue hyperlinked check number; an image of the check will appear.
- Checks are maintained through Online Banking six months after the cleared date.
Use our Secure Chat feature to complete your request:
- Please log into Online Banking and click on the “Secure Chat” link for a live chat with one of our representatives.
- Budget: Check out our budgeting tips to help you make better financial decisions.
- Enroll in Direct Deposit: Direct Deposit lets you receive your paychecks faster and helps ensure you have the money you need, when you need it.
- Enroll in Online and Mobile Banking: Check your balances and account history, schedule transfers, receive mobile account alerts, and deposit checks through Remote Deposit.
- To discontinue eStatements/eNotices, in Online Banking, click on desired account (i.e. savings or checking account).
Click on "Statements".
Click on "Continue".
Click on "Settings".
Check the box under “Discontinue” and click "Submit".
After you complete the above steps, eStatements/eNotices will be canceled, and you will resume receiving paper statements through U.S. Mail. This affects ONLY eStatements/eNotices and does not affect your actual account access.
If you do not elect to receive eStatements, you may be charged a monthly fee. Please refer to the Fee Schedule for details.
- To resume eStatements/eNotices, in Online Banking, click on desired account (i.e. savings or checking account).
Click on "Online Statements".
Click on "Continue".
- Check the box under "Resume" and hit "Submit."
Please read over the “SOUTH CAROLINA FEDERAL CREDIT UNION ELECTRONIC STATEMENT ("eStatements/eNotices") AND DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT” and click “Yes” or “No.”
- If you click “Yes,” you are signed up to resume eStatements/eNotices.
After completing these steps, your next periodic statement will be sent electronically, and you will be notified by email when the next statement is available.
- Savings dividends (1099 INT): You can find this inside Online Banking. Just click on your savings account, then "Online Statements" to find your tax document. Please note that if you are enrolled in eStatements, it will not be mailed to you. You will only be issued this form if you received dividends over $10.
- Mortgage (1098): You can find this form inside Online Banking. Select the mortgage account, "Statements," and choose the 1098 form from the drop-down menu.
- South Carolina Federal Investment Solutions, through CFS1: If you work with an Investment Solutions financial advisor, you can find your tax form in your online account.
- Reportable withdrawals from Traditional or Roth IRAs (1099R)
- Reportable withdrawals from Coverdell IRAs (1099Q)
- Reportable contributions to an IRA (5498)
- Reportable contributions or rollovers to an Education Savings Account (5498 ESA)
Once you reach the screen showing "Deposit Pending," the system has accepted your deposit. Next, the remote deposit administrator will review your deposit and accept or deny it. You will not receive notification of this decision. You can review the status of your deposit in Online and Mobile Banking1.
Deposits received on weekends, federal holidays, and after 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday are processed the following business day.
Once your check image has been credited to your account, you must retain the original check for sixty days. You may not present the original check or any image or substitute check created from the original check for payment at any other financial institution. During this 60-day period, you must store the original paper check securely and you must make the original paper check available to us for review at any time and as necessary for us to facilitate the clearing and collection process, to address third party claims, or for our own audit purposes.
You are not limited to the number of deposits you can make using Remote Deposit. However, there are daily and per item limits on the deposit amounts that can be processed per user. Members cannot deposit more than:
- $7,500 per item.
- $7,500 per day.
Zelle®Zelle® is a great way to send money to family, friends, and people you are familiar with such as your personal trainer, babysitter, or neighbor.1
Since money is sent directly from your South Carolina Federal account to another person's bank account within minutes3, Zelle® should only be used to send money to friends, family, and others you trust.
If you don't know the person or aren't sure you will get what you paid for (for example, items bought from an online bidding or sales site), you should not use Zelle®. These transactions are potentially high risk (just like sending cash to a person you don't know is high risk).
Neither South Carolina Federal nor Zelle® offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle® for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
- To get started, navigate to "Pay Bills" in Online Banking or "Transfer and Pay" in Mobile Banking and select "Send Money with Zelle®". Accept terms and conditions, enter your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, receive a one-time verification code, enter it, and you are ready to start sending and receiving with Zelle®.
- To send money using Zelle®, simply add a trusted recipient's email address or U.S. mobile phone number, enter the amount you would like to send and an optional note, review, then hit "Send." In most cases, the money is available to your recipient in minutes³.
- To request money using Zelle®, choose "Request," select the individual(s) from whom you would like to request money, enter the amount you would like to request, include an optional note, review and hit "Request"2.
- To receive money, just share your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile phone number with a friend and ask them to send you money with Zelle®.
If you have not yet enrolled with Zelle®, follow these steps:
- Click on the link provided in the payment notification you received via email or text message.
- Select South Carolina Federal.
- Follow the instructions provided on the page to enroll and receive your payment. Pay attention to the email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the payment notification - you should enroll with Zelle® using that email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the notification to ensure you receive your money.
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person's bank account within minutes³, Zelle® should only be used to send money to friends, family and others you trust.
Neither South Carolina Federal nor Zelle® offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle® – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
- BAL = Account balances
- HIST + texting nickname (ex. HIST Checking) = Account history
- STOP = Cancel
- HELP = Help on keywords
It also monitors your credit report daily and informs you by email if there are any big changes detected, such as a new account being opened, a change in address or employment, a delinquency has been reported, or an inquiry has been made.
No. Checking your credit score is a soft inquiry, which does not affect your credit score. Lenders use hard inquiries to make decisions about your credit worthiness when you apply for loans.
No. Accessing your credit score is free, and no credit card information is required to register.
Yes; it will monitor and send email alerts when there’s been a change to your credit profile.
If you change your email address in Online Banking, My Credit Score automatically updates your email on its side as well. However, we always encourage you to inform South Carolina Federal of any changes to your contact information.
For all loan requests you will be asked to provide personal information:
- Name of each applicant
- Physical address (P.O. Box does not apply)
- Length of time at address
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Income information
- Name of current employer
- Employer's address and phone number
- Length of employment
- Position held
- Other applicable income (for example, retirement and/or pension)
- Current mortgage or rent obligations
- Name and phone number of nearest relative not living with you
- Reason for loan application
For all vehicle loan requests, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Make, model, and vehicle identification number
- Additional equipment or options
- A copy of the purchase agreement or bill of sale will be required at or prior to loan closing.
- A personal financial statement for all unsecured loan requests for more than $10,000.
Vehicles can be purchased out-of-state and online. To determine eligibility, an application must be submitted with all buyer and vehicle information in addition to:
- Name of dealership or individual
- Current vehicle financing institution or a clear title
- State vehicle is currently registered
- Certain documents may be required but are not limited to the following:
- Titling approval letter
- Original title
- Supporting titling documents
- Copy of buyer’s order with account number
- Form 400
- Power of attorney (signed by buyer)
- Property tax receipt or current registration card
- DMV titling fees
Loan payment due dates are generally 30-45 days from the loan closing date. The payment due date is notated in your loan documents and agreed upon before disbursement of your loan. Due dates and loan payment amounts can also be viewed through Online Banking, Mobile Banking or statements.
Long-Term Savings Accounts
Contributions can be made with a check or transfer from a South Carolina Federal account. Contributions and withdrawals must be accompanied by a written request. The written request for contributions must include the following information:
- Debiting Account Number
- Depositing Account Number
- Contribution amount
Between January 1 and April 15 (tax deadline), contribution instructions should specify “Previous Year." Otherwise, the contribution will apply to the current year.
Direct transfers and allocations are applied to the current year.
The written request for withdrawals must include the following information:
- Withdrawal Amount
- Specified Federal tax withholding amount (none, 10%, or higher).
- If a withholding amount is not provided, the Credit Union is required to withhold the max 10%.
- IRS penalties, if applicable, will not be withheld; penalties are paid when tax returns are filed.
For Direct Transfers or Rollovers, contact the receiving financial institution to initiate the transfer and paperwork; once paperwork is received, we will disburse funds.
IRA contributions and withdrawals can be completed via mail, fax, or in a financial center.
To withdraw your Share Certificate before maturity, please visit a financial center location or fax your request to the Contact Center.
The penalty for a 3 month through 12 month certificate is 90 days' worth of dividends.
For terms of more than 12 months through 24 months, the penalty is 180 days' worth of dividends.
For terms greater than 24 months, the penalty is 360 days' worth of dividends.
We offer certificates, available on business accounts:
Regular certificates are opened with a minimum of $500.
Jumbo certificates are opened with a minimum of $50,000.
Terms range from 3 months to 60 months.
Rates are subject to change at any time and vary based on your balance and term.
What we offer:
Points are earned on signature-based transactions only.
MasterCard® Business Debit Card holders will earn 1 point for every $5 dollars on all signature-based transactions.
Points can be redeemed at www.uChooserewards.com.
Points are redeemable for up to 5 years from the date of purchase.
Each debit card on the business account will receive points for signature-based transactions.
What to expect:
You will need your 16-digit business debit card number.
Initial log in- you will be registering the card (the last 4 of the EIN/TIN will be required).
You will be asked to create a User ID and new password.
If you have already earned points, you will see your totals.
uChoose Rewards will keep track of your points for you.
Points are posted between the 15th and the 25th of the following month.
We have partnered with Clover® Business Solutions to give our member’s the ability to accept debit and credit cards as forms of payment. Funds are deposited directly into the business checking account within 72 hours of the transaction. All major cards are accepted.
How to get started:
Up to 10 cards on one account.
Access to your funds at any ATM location.
Earn uChoose Rewards points.
Maximum of 20 transactions per day.
Unlimited dollar amount.
Maximum $500 ATM withdrawal within 24 hours.
To reschedule your appointment for a different date or time, new appointment type, or a different Financial Center, please cancel your existing appointment and schedule a new one.
We want to make sure you have an outstanding experience with your appointment. To do that, we ask that appointments are scheduled at least one hour in advance to give our representatives an opportunity to prepare for your appointment. If your need is more urgent, please call us or visit any one of our Financial Centers and we would be happy to help you. Members without an appointment are served on a first-come first-served basis.
Yes. Any one of our Financial Centers would be happy to help you. Members without an appointment are served on a first-come first-served basis.
Look for an email confirmation and text message if you selected "SMS Text Alerts".
For each of our appointments, we block out 30 minutes or an hour especially for you. Most appointments last 30-45 minutes.