- Log in to Online or Mobile Banking.
- In Online Banking, click on "Pay Bills" to enroll in Bill Pay. (If you have already enrolled in Bill Pay, continue to step 3.) In Mobile Banking, click on "Transfer & Pay."
- Select "Send Money with Zelle.®"
- Choose the account you want to use.
- Add a new contact.
- Choose the amount you would like to send, hit "Review," and then "Send."
- That's it! Your recipient will get a notification explaining how to complete the payment on their end.
Zelle®Zelle® is a great way to send money to family, friends, and people you are familiar with such as your personal trainer, babysitter, or neighbor.1
Since money is sent directly from your South Carolina Federal account to another person's bank account within minutes3, Zelle® should only be used to send money to friends, family, and others you trust.
If you don't know the person or aren't sure you will get what you paid for (for example, items bought from an online bidding or sales site), you should not use Zelle®. These transactions are potentially high risk (just like sending cash to a person you don't know is high risk).
Neither South Carolina Federal nor Zelle® offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle® for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
- To get started, navigate to "Pay Bills" in Online Banking or "Transfer and Pay" in Mobile Banking and select "Send Money with Zelle®". Accept terms and conditions, enter your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, receive a one-time verification code, enter it, and you are ready to start sending and receiving with Zelle®.
- To send money using Zelle®, simply add a trusted recipient's email address or U.S. mobile phone number, enter the amount you would like to send and an optional note, review, then hit "Send." In most cases, the money is available to your recipient in minutes³.
- To request money using Zelle®, choose "Request," select the individual(s) from whom you would like to request money, enter the amount you would like to request, include an optional note, review and hit "Request"2.
- To receive money, just share your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile phone number with a friend and ask them to send you money with Zelle®.
If you have not yet enrolled with Zelle®, follow these steps:
- Click on the link provided in the payment notification you received via email or text message.
- Select South Carolina Federal.
- Follow the instructions provided on the page to enroll and receive your payment. Pay attention to the email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the payment notification - you should enroll with Zelle® using that email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the notification to ensure you receive your money.
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person's bank account within minutes³, Zelle® should only be used to send money to friends, family and others you trust.
Neither South Carolina Federal nor Zelle® offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle® – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
Terms and conditions are available through Online Banking and must be agreed to before using service. All of our Mobile Banking products require an Online Banking login, a data plan with a wireless provider, and in some cases, enrollment into Bill Pay. Consult your provider for any fees associated with your mobile web service.