Guess what? Since you’re 25 or under* (ages 13-25), South Carolina Federal’s Simple Checking is FEE-FREE for you!
Oops Refund -
We even have you covered if you make a mistake in your Simple Checking with the Oops Refunds. Just tell us when you need it (one fee refund of up to $35 per quarter by request only).
Open a Simple Checking today!
- Instant Issue Debit Card – A variety of colors to choose from!
- Discounted Vehicle Loans Rates – 0.25% APR reduction**
- Free Bill Pay – Pay your bills straight from checking, all from one place
- Branch and Contact Center Services – Free and unlimited
No fee for members age 25-and-under!
Ready to open a Simple Checking account?
Ages 18-25 have three easy and convenient ways to apply:
Ready to open a checking for your 13- to 17-year-old?
Accounts require personal attention and specific documentation and, therefore, are opened in a branch.
To open your teen a Simple Checking account, you need:
- A qualified adult joint owner
- Tax Identification Number with proper ID for the teen (social security card or military ID) – note a picture ID is required for teens 13 and older
- Opening deposit of $25
Not a Member?
If you're not currently a member of South Carolina Federal you can still apply for a Simple Checking. Want to learn more about joining the credit union? Learn more
*Teens 13-17 are required to have a qualified adult joint owner on this account. ** Must be over 18-years of age and subject to loan approval. Discount only available when payment is automatically deducted from Simple Checking.