Banking is as simple as pressing a few keyboard buttons with this checking account.
There are definitely advantages to being young. At South Carolina Federal Credit Union, for example, we offer members ages 15 to 25 a Simple Checking* account with zero monthly fees. And because your generation is tech-savvy, we invite you to download our app - it is also free - and manage your finances on-the-go with your smartphone or other mobile device.
- Instant issue debit card to keep you on your way.
- Free and unlimited branch and contact center services.
- 0.25% APR discount on vehicle loan rates.**
- Free Online Banking and electronic bill pay.
- Access to a nationwide ATM network.
- Oops Refund*** entitles you to one overdraft fee refund per quarter; just tell us when you need it.
If you are 18-25, you can open your Simple Checking account over the phone or in person at your local financial center with an opening deposit of $25.
If you are 15-17, you will need to bring the following to your local financial center to get started:
- A qualified adult for joint account ownership.
- Tax identification number with proper ID (Social Security card or other government-issued ID).
- One form of a current government-issued photo identification. Photo identification must include:
- Issue date
- Expiration date
- Opening deposit of $25.
It will take about 10 minutes to open and fund your new account. You will need:
- A valid driver's license or government-issued photo ID
- U.S. Social Security Number or ITIN
- U.S. checking account or credit/debit card to fund the account (please refer to Rates and Fee Schedule for details).
The following accounts require personal attention, specific documentation and are not opened online: Trust, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), estate accounts, business accounts, teen accounts and Kids Savings accounts. Please visit a financial center for assistance with these accounts.
There are several ways to withdraw from your account including:
- Download the direct deposit form (PDF).
- Deposit a check using Remote Deposit via Mobile Banking1.
- Visit a financial center during business hours, or leave your deposit in an envelope in the night drop deposit box on the side of a financial center.
- Deposit at any South Carolina Federal ATM.
- Mail it to us (please include your account number) at:
PO Box 190012
North Charleston SC 29419-9012
- Call (800) 845-0432 and transfer money through ACI Payments, Inc.
- Send a wire transfer.
Copies of cleared checks are available for up to seven years from the date they are posted to your account.
To obtain a check copy through Online Banking:
- Log into your account.
- Under the “Account Access” tab choose “View Transaction History."
- If the check number appears in your transaction history, click on the blue hyperlinked check number; an image of the check will appear.
- Checks are maintained through Online Banking six months after the cleared date.
Use our Secure Chat feature to complete your request:
- Please log into Online Banking and click on the “Secure Chat” link for a live chat with one of our representatives.
Please be advised, your account cannot be closed if you have an open credit card and/or loan with a balance. If the credit card and/or loan are paid in full, but still open, you will still need to sign documents to close those accounts.
A savings account with the minimum deposit of $10 is required for membership.