Banking is as simple as pressing a few keyboard buttons with this checking account.
There are definitely advantages to being young. At South Carolina Federal Credit Union, for example, we offer members ages 15 to 25 a Simple Checking* account with zero monthly fees. And because your generation is tech-savvy, we invite you to download our app - it is also free - and manage your finances on-the-go with your smartphone or other mobile device.
- Instant issue debit card to keep you on your way.
- Free and unlimited branch and contact center services.
- 0.25% APR discount on vehicle loan rates.**
- Free Online Banking and electronic bill pay.
- Access to a nationwide ATM network.
- Oops Refund*** entitles you to one overdraft fee refund per quarter; just tell us when you need it.
If you are 18-25, you can open your Simple Checking account over the phone or in person at your local financial center with an opening deposit of $25.
If you are 15-17, you will need to bring the following to your local financial center to get started:
- A qualified adult for joint account ownership.
- Tax identification number with proper ID (Social Security card or other government-issued ID).
- One form of a current government-issued photo identification. Photo identification must include:
- Issue date
- Expiration date
- Opening deposit of $25.
- A valid driver's license or government-issued photo ID
- U.S. Social Security Number
- Credit/debit card to fund the account
The following accounts require personal attention, specific documentation and are not opened online: Trust, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), estate accounts, business accounts, teen accounts and Kids Savings accounts. Please visit a financial center for assistance with these accounts.
You can locate your account number by clicking on the eye icon within Online or Mobile Banking.1 If you have checks for your account, your account number is the second string of characters printed on the bottom of your checks.
account number and South Carolina Federal's routing number.
South Carolina Federal's routing (MICR) number is 253278401. Your account number is the second string of characters at the bottom left of your check. You can also locate your account number by clicking on the eye icon within Online or Mobile Banking.1
If this is not your first time ordering checks, follow these steps:
- Log into Online Banking.
- Click on one of your accounts.
- Click on "More Actions."
- Click on "Order Checks."
- Click "Continue."
- Follow the remaining steps.
Here are some tools to help you stay on top of your finances and avoid overdrafts:
Budget: Check out our budgeting tips here to help you make better financial decisions.
Enroll in Direct Deposit: Direct Deposit lets you receive your paychecks faster and helps ensure you have the money you need, when you need it.
Enroll in Online Banking: Check your balances and account history, schedule transfers, receive mobile account alerts and deposit checks through Remote Deposit; all through the convenience of Online Banking.
A savings account with the minimum deposit of $10 is required for membership.