Your country thanks you. And we do, too.
Being active-duty military often means making sacrifices - frequent moves, time away from family, difficult deployments. At South Carolina Federal Credit Union, we feel it is time you were rewarded for your courage and commitment. By simply presenting your active-duty* military ID, you receive a Premium Checking account with a wide range of benefits.
- Priority member service over the phone.
- $20 per year discount on any size safe deposit box.
- Free Instant issue debit card, with a variety of colors to choose from.
- Free international ATM use (no charge from us - surcharges from ATM owner may apply).
- Free cashier's checks.
|From||To||Dividend Rate||Annual Percentage Yield1|
It will take about 10 minutes to open and fund your new account. You will need:
- A valid driver's license or government-issued photo ID
- U.S. Social Security Number or ITIN
- U.S. checking account or credit/debit card to fund the account (please refer to Rates and Fee Schedule for details).
The following accounts require personal attention, specific documentation and are not opened online: Trust, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), estate accounts, business accounts, teen accounts and Kids Savings accounts. Please visit a financial center for assistance with these accounts.
There are several ways to withdraw from your account including:
- Download the direct deposit form (PDF).
- Deposit a check using Remote Deposit via Mobile Banking1.
- Visit a financial center during business hours, or leave your deposit in an envelope in the night drop deposit box on the side of a financial center.
- Deposit at any South Carolina Federal ATM.
- Mail it to us (please include your account number) at:
PO Box 190012
North Charleston SC 29419-9012
- Call (800) 845-0432 and transfer money through ACI Payments, Inc.
- Send a wire transfer.
Copies of cleared checks are available for up to seven years from the date they are posted to your account.
To obtain a check copy through Online Banking:
- Log into your account.
- Under the “Account Access” tab choose “View Transaction History."
- If the check number appears in your transaction history, click on the blue hyperlinked check number; an image of the check will appear.
- Checks are maintained through Online Banking six months after the cleared date.
Use our Secure Chat feature to complete your request:
- Please log into Online Banking and click on the “Secure Chat” link for a live chat with one of our representatives.
Please be advised, your account cannot be closed if you have an open credit card and/or loan with a balance. If the credit card and/or loan are paid in full, but still open, you will still need to sign documents to close those accounts.
Military benefits are valid for three years and can be renewed every three years by presenting military ID or proof of active duty service.