Perhaps you're thinking you'd like to make a few bucks this summer. Ask yourself: What do I most enjoy doing? What am I good at? Here's a start:
- Love animals? Provide a dog-walking or pet-bathing service, or be a pet-sitter for people on vacation.
- Are you a party person? Launch a birthday party planning service. Services might include sending invitations, decorating, leading party games, and helping with food service and cleanup.
- Are you a good learner? Maybe you'd be an excellent teacher, too. Start a tutoring service to help younger kids over the summer.
- Have a knack for arts and crafts? Make and sell jewelry, stuffed animals, greeting cards, and t-shirts.
- Like to be on the move? Run errands for people who are too busy or physically unable to shop or go to the library.
A key to success is to get the word out about your services or products. Develop a good-looking flyer--one that will make a strong first impression with people who haven't met you. Post it on bulletin boards in neighborhood grocery stores and library branches. Copyright 2008 Credit Union National Association Inc. Information subject to change without notice. For use with members of a single credit union. All other rights reserved.