For the purposes of this policy, the terms “we,” “us,” “our,” “credit union,” and “South Carolina Federal Credit Union” mean South Carolina Federal Credit Union.
What information do we collect?
We may collect any or all of the following types of information:
Other parties may also collect information about you when you use our Digital Interfaces:
- Information related to data generated from your activity, including but not limited to transaction and location information.
- Technical information related to the device you are using, including but not limited to, your IP address, your operating system, and the browser you are using.
- Other information collected through cookies, tags, and other technologies, including but not limited to which product pages you visit, what advertisements you view or click on, and how long you view a particular page
- Our service providers may collect information about you in order to provide us with marketing and other services.
- We may provide widgets, embedded content, or other tools that are owned by third parties, including but not limited to maps, information streaming from another site, and widgets that enable you to share information on social media. The third parties that own these types of tools may have access to information about your browsing history on our Digital Interfaces. You should review information at the third parties’ sites to learn how these third parties collect and use information they collect from you.
What are cookies?
Cookies are pieces of information that are stored on your device. Browser cookies are placed by a web server and let the server know when you return to a site you have visited before. Some cookies can be cleared via your web browser. Others may be placed in an Adobe folder on you device; refer to Adobe for information on how to manage these types of cookies. Cookies can be used for various purposes, including but not limited to collecting information about your web browsing, maintaining continuity during an online session, gathering data about how you use our Digital Interfaces, and for anti-fraud and information security purposes.
Can I disable cookies?
Your browser may allow you to manage cookies, including rejecting them altogether. Refer to your browser provider for more information on managing cookies. Please note that disabling cookies may limit the functionality we can provide you through our Digital Interfaces.
What other technologies may be used to collect information?
Additional technologies used to collect information may include, but are not limited to, pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, and Flash objects.
How do we use the information we collect?
Our use of the information we collect from you may include, but is not limited to, the following:
Enhancing your experience with our Digital Interfaces, such as by making them more personalized based on the products or services you view and interact with.
Measuring the effectiveness of our various advertisements and promotions.
Determining how often a particular product or service is viewed or used.
Determining which of our products and services are most likely to appeal to you, so we can provide you with related advertisements or other offers.
Other purposes, including but not limited to tracking website usage and risk control purposes.
Can I opt out of receiving ads based upon information you collect?
You may opt out of receiving such ads by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
Do you collect information from children?
Our Digital Interfaces are not intended for individuals under the age of thirteen (13) years old. We do not knowingly collect information from individuals under the age of thirteen (13) years old, and additionally request that such individuals do not provide personal information through our Digital Interfaces. Please visit the FTC website, www.ftc.gov, for more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).