Military Friendly Program
At South Carolina Federal Credit Union we strive to serve active-duty members of the military who so diligently serve our country. By simply presenting your active-duty military ID, you’ll receive a fee- free Premium Checking account that includes the following benefits:
- Dividends – Tiered, starting at $2,500*
- Premium Share Certificates – Premium options available – Ask us for details
- Discounted Vehicle Loans Rates – 0.50% APR reduction**
- Debit Card UChoose Rewards – Opt-in and begin to earn points every time you choose “credit” for purchases with your debit card – 1 point for every $5
- Premium Phone Service – Enter Premium Checking account number when you call
- Safe Deposit Box – $20/year discount on any box size
- Instant Issue Debit Card – Free with a variety of colors to choose from!
- Free Foreign ATM Use – No charge from us - surcharge fees from the foreign ATM owner may apply
No fee when the required minimum balance and one qualifying relationship are met monthly (see below); otherwise $10
MONTHLY DEPOSIT BALANCE:
Average daily balance1 of $2,500 in Premium Checking
Month-end balance of $5,000 or more in combined share accounts (savings, checking and/or Money Market) on same member number
PLUS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING MONTHLY under this member number:
- Direct Deposit2 of $250 AND 10 “credit” debit card transactions
- Month-end loan balance3 of $15,000 or more
- Direct Deposit2 of $250 AND Visa® Platinum Card4
- First Mortgage
Ready to join the Military Friendly Program?
Two easy and convenient ways to open:
Not a Member?
If you're not currently a member of South Carolina Federal, you can still apply for Military Friendly Program. Want to learn more about joining the credit union? Learn more
*Refer to dividend rates page.
** Subject to loan approval. Offer applies on external refinances only. Discount only available when payment is automatically deducted from Premium Checking.
1The Average Daily Balance is calculated by adding the balance in the account for each day of the period and dividing that figure by the number of days in the period. 2Direct Deposit must come directly into checking from the payroll source (allocations are not considered). 3May combine auto, boat, Personal Access Line, etc. (all consumer loans, excluding First Mortgage and/or credit card). 4Card must be open and in good standing.